Test Instrumentation Gunner Sight System
BAAINBw – Bundesamt für Ausrüstung, Informationstechnik und Nutzung der Bundeswehr
(Procurement organization in this case for German Army)
The Test Instrumentation Gunner Sight System (TIGSS) is used to support maintenance and repair activities of the OSIRIS Gunner Sight of the weapon system UH TIGER, a high performance optical system.
The existing TIGSS serialisation project includes the development and delivery of two sets of TIGSS test equipment and one Deployable Workroom (DWR). The DWR is including an ISO class 8 cleanroom. The TIGSS is designed to be operated in the DWR and in a workroom located in a building at a home base of the German Forces.
The TIGSS comprises the following components per test bench:
- Electronic Deployable Test Solution (EDTS)
- Optronic Deployable Test Solution (ODTS)
- Test Program Set (TPS) for 4 LRUs to be tested, which are the Sight Head, the Head In Display, the Auxiliary Climatisation Device and the Auxiliary Washing Device
compared to UMMS (predecessor test bench):
- Higher throughput rate
- Much more space for the operators, test and repair of LRUs inside the DWR is possible at the same time
- Much more general working comfort for the operator (more space, less noise, daylight inside working area…)